Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes and a glass of Shiraz: the best dinner I've ever had.

So, it's been a while, but I think you'll find it has been worth the wait.  I came home from work late last night and the hubby had fixed the kids pancakes for dinner.  I saw my bottle of red wine from earlier that week on the counter, and that's when it hit me.  My most brilliant idea to date.

Pumpkin Pancakes are quite simple, really.  This time of year, I keep canned pumpkin in the house.  I just like having it on hand to add to anything that needs it.  Pumpkin anything instantly makes me happy.  Used the Bisquick mix recipe on the box for "Ultimate Pancakes" and added about 1/4 cup of pumpkin and some Apple Pie Spice.  If I'm feeling fancy, I put in cinnamon and freshly ground nutmeg, but this was after work, not before.  Mommy was tired.

Put a bit of butter in the pan, cook them slow and low.  Enjoy warm with a glass of Shiraz.  Happy Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment