Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Broccoli Cheese... Cinnamon Roll?

So last night, before trick or treating, I wanted Aidan to get some veggies into his system.  Since I'm 38 weeks pregnant, I'm not doing much cooking, cleaning or anything these days.  There's been a lot of prepared meals (we try to get the healthiest frozen food we can), a lot of daddy cooking (thank goodness!), canned and boxed soups, and a lot of breakfast for dinner lately.  Fresh from my beloved freezer, I microwaved one of those frozen steam bag packets of broccoli and cheese.  Thank you, Sams Club.  Aidan helped me make the minute rice.  Stir them together, and voila!  A makeshift broccoli cheese casserole.  Gourmet, no.  Convenient, yes.  Poured a little extra shredded cheddar on top.  Add salt and pepper.  Done in about 15 minutes.  I told Aidan, we are having broccoli cheese casserole tonight!  He called it "broccoli cheese cinnamon roll".  Not quite accurate, but he DID devour it about as quickly as he eats cinnamon rolls.  He couldn't shove it into his mouth fast enough.  Even the stalks of the broccoli.  Wow.  Pretty impressive, Green Giant.  I hope it helps him fight off his cold before his baby sister arrives!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like when I call things in dance a game - everything's fun then. "We're going to do the running game!" Yay, responds everyone. How about an adagio game?

    Glad you are feeling good and doing great before your little one arrives!

    ReplyDelete